Pre-Retrofit Home Energy Assessment - Only for owner-occupied homes in L0A Postal Code
A home energy audit is an assessment of the efficiency of your building. A home energy audit helps you identify areas where you could improve energy efficiency — for example, by sealing air leaks or adding insulation. Your audit report will identify a range of improvements you can make to increase your comfort, health, and energy savings!
A home energy audit looks at:
- Air leaks and drafts
- Gaps around doors and windows
- Indoor air quality
- Insulation levels
- HVAC equipment (= heating, ventilation, and air conditioning)
- And much more!
Before you book, please note these requirements for an energy audit:
- Your home cannot be under any renovations at the time of the audit (I.e. drywall, insulation, windows, siding, cabinets, heating/cooling systems, etc.)
- Your home must be in habitable condition.
- We cannot perform audits on multi-dwelling buildings, apartments, or office buildings.
- All exterior openings must be sealed (windows, doors, fireplace dampers, crawlspace, attic hatches, etc.).
- Sweep your fireplace and close dampers to avoid soot from being drawn into your home. Do not have a fire within 24 hours of your evaluation.
- Have your property tax bill and roll number ready for your advisor.
- Be sure to clear access to all areas and mechanical systems of the home (including the attic and crawlspace).
- Homes that do not meet the above requirements upon the arrival of the Registered Energy Advisor will not be provided with an evaluation and will receive only a 50% refund.
- Appointments cancelled less than 48 hours before the scheduled evaluation will be subject to a $75 rescheduling/cancellation fee.
- Pre-retrofit home energy assessments begin at 10am. Please note that your Energuide certified Home Energy Advisor may be arrive before or after 10am depending on travel conditions and distance.