Pre-Retrofit Energy Assessment - Cobourg, Campbellford, Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, Lindsay, North Kawartha, Port Hope, Trent Hills, Trent Lakes
NOTE: Book this assessment only if your property is located in Cobourg, Campbellford, Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, Lindsay, North Kawartha, Port Hope, Trent Hills or Trent Lakes.
A home energy assessment evaluates the efficiency of your building, identifying areas where you could improve energy efficiency — for example, by sealing air leaks or adding insulation. Your assessment report will identify a range of improvements you can make to increase your comfort, health, and energy savings!
A home energy assessment looks at:
- Air leaks and drafts
- Gaps around doors and windows
- Indoor air quality
- Insulation levels
- HVAC equipment (= heating, ventilation, and air conditioning)
- And much more!
Before you book, please note these requirements for an energy audit:
- Your home cannot be under any renovations at the time of the audit (I.e. drywall, insulation, windows, siding, cabinets, heating/cooling systems, etc.)
- Your home must be in habitable condition.
- We cannot perform assessments on multi-dwelling buildings, apartments, or office buildings.
- All exterior openings must be sealed (windows, doors, fireplace dampers, crawlspace, attic hatches, etc.).
- Sweep your fireplace and close dampers to avoid soot from being drawn into your home. Do not have a fire within 24 hours of your evaluation.
- Have your property tax bill and roll number ready for your advisor.
- Be sure to clear access to all areas and mechanical systems of the home (including the attic and crawlspace).
- Homes that do not meet the above requirements upon the arrival of the Registered Energy Advisor will not be provided with an evaluation and will receive only a 50% refund.
- Appointments cancelled less than 48 hours before the scheduled evaluation will be subject to a $75 rescheduling/cancellation fee.